WHERE DO THE FUNDS GO?
It is a common complaint or reason not to donate – ‘I don’t know where my money goes’. We at Meals on Wheels ensure all monies raised help us make a real difference to local communities in your State.
All funds raised from the Donations help us to provide meals as part of the Meals on Wheels Services in the Greater Shoalhaven through training, raising the profile and awareness of the brand and advocating on behalf of all Meals on Wheels Services to Government.
Please find below a list of our current projects and how we use the vitally important donations received:
- Support and assisting the six services in our region
- Food Safety
- Education and Training
- Improving Health through better Nutrition and social interaction
- Attracting Volunteers in order to sustain the service for future years
- Funding innovative service models – for the future.
- Promoting the National Meal Guidelines (launched 2017) to ensure that older Australians are getting the nutrition that they need
- Raising the profile and awareness of the Meals on Wheels brand and our unique selling point of social engagement through Community Service Announcements